A person, firm, association, corporation, or political body may be granted membership* in the Cooperative, providing the following conditions are met:
- A signed and completed written application for membership is filed.
- The member agrees to purchase electric power from the Cooperative at approved tariff rates.
- Agrees to comply with and be bound by the Articles of Incorporation and bylaws of Kotzebue Electric Association (KEA) and with the rules and regulations adopted by the Board.
- Paid the membership fee of $5.
- $95 refundable deposit after final bill is paid.
- Been formally accepted as a Member by Resolution of the Board of Directors.
The Cooperative’s bylaws require each consumer to become a member of the Cooperative. Lifetime membership costs $5, and is refundable when the Member no longer desires KEA electricity.
Your Cooperative will issue a certificate of membership to each person, firm, association, corporation or political body, provided that all requirements are met and the application for membership has been formally accepted by the Board of Directors. Your membership certificate is evidence of your rights and responsibilities as a member, and should be kept in a safe place.
A spouse may hold a joint membership in the Cooperative. Joint membership gives either party the right to vote, but not both. Either the husband or the wife can be elected to serve as a Board Members, provided that both meet the requirements for holding such offices as set forth by the Cooperative’s bylaws.